Monday, December 1, 2008

Wake up

I fell asleep last night watching The Darjeeling Limited. I did that the other night watching Iron Man. I always wake up when the credits start to roll though, every time I fall asleep during a movie. It's like my brain is still listening to the movie, and now that the boring stuff is done, it's time to wake up so WAKE UP! Anyway, at the end of The Darjeeling Limited, a song is playing called Champs Elysees by NOFX. I dunno what else to say, it's just playing. Well, I take it back. I'll say this. It had a strange impact on my half-awake mind last night. The last time that happened was when I woke up to Porcelina by The Smashing Pumpkins, and before that, when I fell asleep to The Modern Things by Bjork. It really does make the song (usually it's a song, since I'm half-asleep and only hearing it) more... I dunno. Carved thusly into the brain or something. It's a singular experience, I suggest whoever reads this should try it. Although it isn't something you really plan, it just happens. Oh well.

Anyway it's morning now and my day off. It's cold. And last night was nice with the heater but dammit now it's too hot, so I turn it off and it gets too damn cold, wtf. So, what to do with my day off... hmmm... I think I'll read some more and maybe watch The Darjeeling Limited again. I think I'll watch all of Wes Andersons movies today, all in a row, starting from oldest to newest:

Bottle Rockets
Rushmore
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Darjeeling Limited

Yeah, that's a great way to piss off an entire day. I'm looking forward to it. But first:

je m'baladais sur l'avenue,
le coeur ouvert a l'inconnu.
j'a vais envie de dire bonjour a n'importe

qui n'importe qui et ce fut toi,
je t'ai dit n'importe quoi,
il suffisait de te parler,
pour t'apprivoiser.

aux champs-יlysיes,
aux champs-יlysיes
au soleil, sous la pluie, a midi ou a minuit,
il y a tout ce que vous voulez aux champs-יlysיes

tu m'as dit "j'ai rendez-vous
dans un sous-sol avec des fous,
qui vivent la guitare a la main,
du soir au matin".

alors je t'ai accompagnיe,
on a chantי, on a dansי et l'on n'a
mךme pas pensי a s'embrasser

aux champs-יlysיes,
aux champs-יlysיes
au soleil, sous la pluie, a midi ou a minuit,
il y a tout ce que vous voulez aux champs-יlysיes

Those are the lyrics to Champs Eylsees. If anyone knows what they mean, clue me in please. I can't find a translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment