Friday, July 9, 2010

Problems

I realized today that I've been trying to deal with a lot of my problems alone, by myself, in private. I'm afraid to let people help me though, but that's part of what the church is for... so that we can have the support of other people. I'm a very private person though, and the idea of revealing my problems to other people fills me with anxiety and shame. That might be wrong though, to keep my problems hidden inside because I continually fail at dealing with them by myself.

I have realized one thing though which will help. I haven't tried to share my problems with God. I learned yesterday that I can only deal with the aspects of my problems that are actually under my control, and that it's ok to hand the rest over to God for Him to deal with. Through God anything is possible, and through myself nothing is possible. I think the way to do that is with prayer. That might seem obvious, but sometimes we can't see what is directly in front of us and staring us in the face.

I haven't really prayed sincerely for help with my problems... I'm always praying for somebody else. I think it's time I started praying for myself a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment