Saturday, September 11, 2010

Laundry day

Oh boy, what an emotional day. E.T. is on TV and I'm crying as I watch it, remembering how I was the same age as Elliot when this movie came out. I'm such a crybaby nowadays, anything emotional will set me off.

Oh yeah, laundry... I went out into the hall, careful to wipe my eyes. Right as the door opened, a man and his little son, about 4 years old, stepped up to the elevator. Oh great, here I am all teary eyed and barefoot and now somebody else has to witness it...

So we all get into the elevator. The little boy immediately pipes up. "Where are you going? I'm going down. On the other side. Which side are you going on?" By sides, he means, either the lobby or the basement, as depending on which floor you stop, you wind up on opposite sides of the building. "We're going on THAT side. Where are you going?" I looked down at this little kid.

"I'm going to do laundry."

"Where is your laundry? Why don't you have a bag of laundry?"

"It's already down there. In the washer. I'm going down to dry it."

"How did you get that mustache??"

At this point the father chuckles, the door opens, and they walk out into the lobby. I laughed out loud.

"I grew it!" The doors shut and I could see the little kid looking at me wide eyed, at my mustache, I'm guessing.

1 comment:

  1. "Unless you change and become like a little child..." :)

    ReplyDelete