Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reading out loud

This afternoon I was walking to Kroger to grab some fud; my nose buried in a brand new science fiction novel. As I was walking and reading, the urge struck me to start reading out loud - loudly. Not only that, but I also felt compelled to do it in the thickest, crappiest, most obnoxious British accent I could manage.

As I was walking down Panhandle, prattling away all prim and proper, I heard somebody chuckling. I looked to my left and to my horror saw a mom, dad and daughter sitting on their front steps and looking at me with these huge, unabashed grins on their faces. The chuckles were coming from the dad.

Having been discovered red handed indulging in one of those retarded moments that I usually reserve for 'Happy Idiot Alone Time', I had no choice but to continue, as if yammering the contents of my book out loud like a raving lunatic with a bad British accent, for the benefit of the entire neighborhood, was a perfectly normal thing to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment