Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A dream - running and falling

The Indians were chasing me, they wanted me dead.  I hid in a petrified hollow log.  They ran past me and didn't see me.  I ran back to my tent and tried to warn Matius.  The Indians showed up, but couldn't figure out how to get inside.  The zippers were baffling them.  I made a run for it, and the Indians figured out the zippers.  I left Matius there.  I ran home.

When I got there Matius had taken my keys and left in the car.  There was a fat baby crawling around the house.  The baby tried to pet a kitty that was lying on my bed.  It crawled up on it and reached out, and the kitty scratched it.  The baby cried, and hit the kitty, and then crawled away.  The kitty ran after the baby and scratched it again.  The baby kept crying.  It hit the kitty again.  The kitty and the baby were both bloody by now.  I watched this and cringed.

Chiy called and asked "Where is Mati?" He alawys leaves off the 'us' in Matius.  I said that he had the keys to the car and had been gone for a while.  I was at work now, at the top of a tall skyscraper.  People were pulling up heavy furniture through the window.  I watched as they did this, feeling lucky that I didn't have to do that heavy labor.  Then the building shook, and started to fall.  I was amazed by the reality of it.  This was it, I was going to die.  I really believed it.  I could see out the window, it was cloudy and dark outside.  The landscape was shifting as the building tilted.  It fell faster, and the walls and ceiling crumbled around me.  I grabbed onto a heavy shelf and knew that it would crush me soon.  I fell faster and faster.  Everything became chaos, and I prayed out loud, over and over, "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."  I waited to die, waited for the crushing impact.  Everything slowed down and turned gray and still and I waited for the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment