Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Toxic fumes

They are renovating the 7-Eleven where I work, and the air is filled with toxic fumes... paint thinner or mineral spirits, I'm guessing.  It smells like rubber cement.  I felt sick all night last night at work.  Anyway, to distract me from the imminent feeling of projectile vomiting, I took notes on customer reactions to the toxic air.

"Oooooh, that smell!" (Sounds like a Lynard Skynard song)

"How can you not get high?" (I dunno, I guess it's the sick part that prevents it)

"That smells good."

"I'll bet you go home with a headache."

"You're getting high for free!" (No I'm not, I'm getting sick for free)

"Smells like permanent marker."

"You guys should charge at the door!"

"It smells like model airplanes in here."

"It's a wonder your head isn't hurting." (It is)

"Whoa, now I'ma gettin' high!"

I think it's interesting that 5 out of 10 comments reference getting high, or that it smelled good.  I guess that demonstrates the demographic of our customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment