Friday, March 11, 2011

Knowing God's will

Lately I've been preoccupied with the desire to know God's will for me. A friend once told me, before my time started with the church, that I was letting myself be distracted with ideas like 'proof' and 'evidence'. I think this might turn out to be a recurring issue for me; this tendency I have to become distracted along the Way. In an effort to clear away the cobwebs, I've isolated a few items which I can be positive are God's will for me:

God wants me to learn humility.
God wants me to vanquish my pride.
God wants me to learn forgiveness.
God wants me to learn patience.
God wants me to be a worthy vessel for His Holy Spirit.
God wants me to pray ceaselessly.
God wants me to be a ministry for Him in my daily life with everyone I encounter.
God wants that I should not cause harm to or offend anyone.

Of course, I still don't know if His will is for me to be married, or to become a priest, or a monk, or to be the first piano player on Mars. Maybe I should just stop trying to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment