Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not sorry

I've often come under attack for the way I look, my long hair and whatnot.  I've heard things like 'get a haircut you fag, fuckin hippy, fuckin druggie, go back to Woodstock you freak, look at the pretty lady...' things of that nature.  I've even had things thrown at me from moving cars.  I've had numerous soda cups thrown at me, and I've even been hit once.

Today when I was out walking before work, this happened again.  A truck was turning a corner onto the side street which I was crossing, and the side passenger threw a sonic cup filled with ice at me.  It missed.  Instantly and reflexively, my middle finger shot up.  The truck kept going, but the passenger shot me the bird out of the window.  I gave him the double bird.  He leaned out of the window and gave me two of them.  I motioned for them to come on back, and I even yelled it at them.  The truck kept going.  I don't know what I would have done if they'd actually turned around... probably I'd have talked a lot of shit, and if it came to blows, I'd give as good as I could before I got pummeled.

I wasn't sorry this time about getting angry though, and I don't think I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment