Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pride

I believe that all human problems have their root in pride.  Everything else stems from that.  I think impatience is my biggest problem after pride.  I used to think it was anger, but I realize that anger is just a side effect of impatience.  And I didn't even know impatience was a problem until I let God into my life.  Same with pride.  Pride, impatience, and anger.  And after that, self pity.  I think I'm doing pretty well with anger.  It's a lot more obvious than impatience.  Impatience can be subtle.  It requires reminding yourself constantly that everything is going according to God's plan.  And knowing that even then, when things get realized, that it might not be what you wanted for yourself, but what God wanted for you.  And that goes back to pride.  What I want might not be what God wants, but God wants what's best for me.  I can accept that reality and benefit from it, or I can reject it.  Rejecting it is the result of pride, and will only bring pain.  So it's simple, really.  If pride can be vanquished, than it's possible to be happy.  And not until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment