Thursday, March 31, 2011

The three parts of me

Yesterday started out as a really rotten day.  It's funny how I seem to have no control over the way my days start.  Some days I'm in a really great mood, and some days it just sucks to be alive.  Yesterday was one of those suck days.

So yesterday I was walking to work, in just the rottenest mood.  Imagine Yosemite Sam in that cartoon where he kept falling through the hole or trap door or whatever it was, over and over again.  Each time, as he fell, he would yell "FRIKIN FRAKIN RIKIN RAKIN SHIKIN SHAKIN RIKIN FRAKIN..."  That's what I was mumbling on the way to work, in between my attempts to pray.  Kind of basically more or less definitely ruined my prayer.

Anywho... I got to work and Brittney had a cake for me.  Wow!  I love Brittney.  I don't know what I'd do without her to look forward to three times a week.  I felt instantly better and thanked God for His blessings.  She's going to be leaving soon, and that will be a very sad day for me. 

The rest of the day was a series of ups and downs, like a min-manic-depressive state.  It started to plummet again when I was trying to eat a piece of cake.  We were really busy, and I had the fork almost to my mouth, and whaddya wouldn'tya knowit, the cake fell off of the fork and onto the floor.  FRIKINFRAKINRIKINRAKIN... well, my mood went south instantly.  I started to get aggravated at customers who didn't deserve it.  This lasted until the rush ended, and then I got hold of myself.

Me:  I think I've realized something.

Brittney:  What? (she always smiles when I bring something up, God bless her)

Me:  I'm pretty sure that I'm 1/3 retarded, 1/3 asshole, and 1/3 good person (I came to the retard conclusion after looking for my phone for 5 minutes and realizing it was in my hand)

Brittney:  Aw, come on, don't treat yourself so bad.

Me:  Hmmm... well, I did give myself 1/3 good person and 1/3 retard.  I'm not even mostly bad if I look at it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment