Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What the heck was that...

At about 5:25 am this morning, I was starting to get tired of walking around and reading, so I had decided to call it a night.  I was on Oak St., walking towards the 7-Eleven, and I was almost to Ave. B.  I was about to cross Oak and head into the 7-Eleven for something to drink before I went home when I saw something in the sky, above the dry cleaners.  It was a bright, glowing blue... thing, a ball, I guess... it didn't look like anything recognizable.  Just a bright, bluish white blob.  Anyway, this bright thing moved erratically from the right to the left for about a second and a half, and then it disappeared.  I immediately thought to myself, "Self, what the heck was that you just saw?"  I jogged down the sidewalk so that a tree wouldn't be in the way, to see if I could see it again.  I caught another glimpse of it briefly, and then it disappeared for good.

I have absolutely zero clue as to what it could have realistically been.  Maybe ball lightning?  Is that realistic?  It definitely qualified as bright and glowing, so maybe it was a plasma that ball lightning is thought to be comprised of.  Who knows?  It certainly was weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment