Friday, April 22, 2011

Just some musings and observations

I'm almost over my strep throat, I think. My throat still hurts a little, but I'm not running a fever anymore. I felt like caca upon awakening today I and didn't feel up to going to vespers this afternoon. Plus, I had a lot of stuff to do... cleaning, laundry, etc. In between chores I downloaded the new Harry Potter movie and spent a good part of the afternoon trying to get my laptop up and running so I could burn it for a friend. I tried several different conversion programs, but each attempt at conversion failed. After scouring the internet, I finally found the old software that I had used to convert and burn the first season of Angel a while back, so I think this attempt will finally work. It takes a long time though... it's been running for the last hour. Hopefully it will be finished before I have to go to church tonight.

I haven't been able to go to any of the services at church this week and I'm looking forward to tonight. This morning I washed some clothes in the bathtub and hung them outside on the fence this afternoon. A few minutes ago, as I was checking to see if they were dry, a couple walked by. They were just walking along and conversing. They seemed to be enjoying each others company and having quite a nice time. Joy in simplicity. That's all I want really; I've never craved a lot of material things or money. I just want someone who will walk with me, who enjoys my company as much as I enjoy theirs.

I think Ellie came into the store the other day, but I can't be sure. Honestly, I don't know if I would recognize her if she came in and didn't say my name. I didn't say anything to this girl who might have been Ellie as she was paying for gas, so if it was her, she probably thinks that I just don't give a flip about her efforts to be friendly. That's not the case though... it's just that I'm awful at remembering faces, and I've only seen her twice. In an attempt to remedy the situation, I wrote her name in really big, fancy letters on a sheet of paper and taped it to the front of my register so that if she ever came in again, she would see it and alert me to her presence. Well, a lot of people commented on it, and over the course of a few days a few people asked me for updates on the Ellie situation... had she had ever come back in? Did I get in touch with her yet? I even met another Ellie, but not the one who calls me Elias and counts the days between her visits. She's a student though... I'm sure she'll come back in. And when she does, I'll have my little sign ready for her.

Ok, time to finish getting ready for church.

No comments:

Post a Comment