Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cake Wrecks

My new favorite blog:

Cake Wrecks

And is it a coincidence that my dad forwarded  me this picture of a cake that a friend of his got for her birthday?


Now, granted, this is supposed to be the Millenium Falcon from Star Wars, and I have to admit, it does sort of resemble it.  However, this looks more like clunky robot version.  The forward nacelles look sort of kind of like legs, the cockpit resembles a giant fist, and that part between the 'nacelles'... the safest thing I can come up with to compare that to is mechanical underoos.

How much harder would have been, what with all of the work and detail that obviously went into this cake, to make it look like the actual ship instead of some kind of Hasbro/Kenner mutation?

I hammered out this Photoshop edit in about 5 minutes.  It's sloppy, but heck, it still looks more like the Millenium Falcon than that cake.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment