Sunday, June 26, 2016

I'm not a weirdo.

I just realized something. You see, my mom called me weird. In a loving way though. The lovingliest of ways, don't get me wrong. When my mom says it, it's the same thing as saying that I'm imminently lovable.

But, it also made me realize this right here, what I'm about to say. Here it is.

I am weird. I am weird inside of weird, pounding on the weird, trying desperately to escape the weirdness. But, there's no escape from the Weird. None. It's permanent.

I was a weird newborn, I was a weird toddler, I was a weird little boy, I was a weird prepubescent child, I was a weird teenager, I was a weird young man, I was a weird thirty-something, and now I'm a weird 40ish is the new 20ish. I'll be a weird old fart, I'll be weird on my deathbed, my corpse will be weird, and my everlasting essence will be even weirder.

Weird. I love that word. I don't really like the word 'weirdo', though. I dunno why, it's just one more letter, and an extra syllable. Maybe it's because of that Radiohead song...

I'm a creep, I'm a weirdooooo....

Yeah, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment